Thursday, March 15, 2012

Boleyn Necklace - Fit for a Queen- Renaissance



The Boleyn Necklace is what I call it - Inspiration from the series "The Tudors".

Fit for a Queen is what I say.

This is what I came up with at first but it did not make an impact on me, and I wanted to put my own personality into the design. In the photo below I am using faux pearls and metal base findings. It took me a few days to find what I needed in my stash of goodies that I have had for many years.


I had to find the right beads to go with the bead caps that I had - opening and closing drawer compartments and shaking my head. Finally I remembered that I had some beads in a different area that would compliment what I wanted.





I have had these beads in my stash for so long I shined them up and they are good to go! I made a wire wrap so that I could hang a chain "tassel" look.


I will be making a few more items that might represent Renaissance jewelry. I will be listing this in my Etsy store in the near future, so be sure to check my facebook page you will find my online link there.

No comments: